We hope that our friends will be around forever, but that's not always possible. Live can move you to different places when you go to college or find a job. But living in different cities doesn't mean you can't keep in touch and remain friends. Just like long-distance romantic relationships, long-distance friendships have a number of benefits.
1. Your friendship becomes stronger with time. They say that absence makes the heart grow fonder. If you really make an effort to stay in touch, your bond will grow stronger because you will value every conversation and every meeting much more.
2. Your time together is more memorable. If you see someone not so often as you'd like to, you try to make the most of the time you get to spend together. You talk for hours, try different activities and make a lot of new memories. And the moments when you see your friend after a long time apart are really magical.
3. You have an excuse to travel more. When your friend lives in another city, you take advantage of every opportunity to see them. You can visit them, reunite in your hometown (if you are childhood friends) or see each other at college reunions, spend your vacations together. And you always have a place to stay if you visit their city on business.
4. You always have something to look forward to. Whether it is a phone call, a Skype session, a letter, or a meeting, you always know that your friend remembers you and cares about you. And so do you.
5. You rarely fight. Your time together is too precious, so you never waste it on fights. Even when fights do happen, your reconcile quickly because there are more important things to do, such as catching up.
6. You become tech-savvy. In order to stay in touch, you need to use technology as much as you can. If you have a long-distance friend, you probably know everything about messengers, video chats, VoIP, blogging, social networks, and other ways of communicating with someone who lives far from you.
7. This friendship gives you a sense of stability. Your life is constantly changing. You can graduate from college, get married, have a kid, quit your job and find another one, move to a different city or even country, get divorced, but your long-distance friends will remain your point of stability no matter how many changes happen in your life.
8. It's a life-long friendship. If you manage to keep in touch and make a long-distance friendship work no matter what, you've found yourself a life-long friend. Sometimes you go for weeks without talking to each other because you're too busy with other commitments, but you can easily pick up right where you left even after a long break.
- How to Keep in Touch With College Friends After Graduation, How to Keep in Touch With Your High School Friends, 8 Advantages of Long-Distance Relationship, 6 Reasons Your Childhood Friends Are the Best