Age is just a number, so you are never too old for experiencing new exciting things. Nevertheless, making up a list of things you want to try before you reach certain age can be useful because it will motivate you to step out of your comfort zone. Here is our sample list of 5 things to do before you turn 25.
1. Live alone. And by “alone” we do mean “alone” – with no parents, no roommates, no significant other. We don't mean that you have to live alone all the time, it can be just for a couple of months. The point of living on your own is learning how to take care of yourself and be responsible for you own life. Besides, it will give you a sense of independence you have never known before. If you ultimately realize that living alone drives you crazy and you desperately need a roommate, that's totally okay. The point is to try different living arrangements before deciding what works best for you.
2. Get comfortable with different relationship statuses. No, we don't mean that you should try all kinds of relationships. Some people don't do casual, and if you're one of them, it's your choice that deserves respect. What we mean is that you need to try being in a long term, committed relationship at least once before you turn 25 because this kind of relationship can teach you a lot. On the other hand, you need to learn to be comfortable with being single as well. When you're single, you can learn a lot about yourself and figure out what you want from life. Getting comfortable with both being with someone and being single will help you understand that your relationship status is not what defines you as a person.
3. Volunteer. Putting your time and effort into something that doesn't bring income may seem pointless when you're a struggling college student or a college graduate who needs to pay off their student loans. And that's exactly why you need to try volunteering. It will help you understand that money isn't everything and teach you to be happy with what you have. Volunteering can give you a new perspective on life and help make a lot of friends who will always be ready to help because they know how to devote themselves without expecting anything in return.
4. Travel. Of course, you can travel at any age, it's not like you won't be able to go anywhere when you turn 25. However, experiencing different cultures is especially important when you're still young. You perspective on life is just developing, so you should step out of your comfort zone, explore the world, embrace other cultures and new ideas while you're perceptive as only young people can be. Traveling will broaden your mind and make for tolerance and more open attitudes.
5. Make a new friend. As you grow up, you will have to let some old friendships go because it is natural for people to change and grow apart. You will also learn that making new friends as an adult is difficult. So we recommend that you try and make a new friend some time between graduating from college and turning 25. And don't forget to keep in touch with your old friends. Making new friends is important, but so is maintaining friendships you already have.
- 6 Tips for Stepping Out of Your Comfort Zone, 8 Ways to Enjoy Being Single, 6 Things You Are Never Too Old For, Tips for Creating a Bucket List